Excitebike: Bun Bun Mario Battle Stadium (エキサイトバイク ぶんぶんマリオバトルスタジアム Ekisaitobaiku Bun Bun Mario Batoru Sutajiamu: noting that "bun bun" is a Japanese onomatopoeia for buzzing sounds - in this case, produced by the bikes - this title can also be understood as simply "Excitebike: Mario Battle Stadium") is an obscure remake/adaptation of the NES title, Excitebike. In this game, all human bikers were replaced with Mario characters. The game was somewhat based off of the Mario Kart series. As a Satellaview title, Nintendo developed the video game and released four versions of it through the satellite download service operated by St.GIGA, each expanding on or replacing the features of the last.
There are four different episodes of the game, each adding a new character.
- Episode 1 featured: Mario, Luigi, and Toad.
- Episode 2 featured: Mario, Luigi, Wario, and Toad.
- Episode 3 featured: Mario, Luigi, Wario, Princess Peach, and Toad.
- Episode 4 featured: Mario, Yoshi, Wario, Princess Peach, and Toad.
There are six main characters: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Toad, Wario, and Yoshi. Red and Green Koopa Troopas appear as non-playable opponents.
1. "Excitebike: Bun Bun Mario Battle Stadium." Super Mario Wiki. N.p., n.d. Web. 16 Feb. 2013. <http://www.mariowiki.com/Excitebike:_Bun_Bun_Mario_Battle_Stadium>.